Eating at The Brit
At The Brit we offer fresh, rustic and seasonal pub dining with daily changing specials and a separate lunch and dinner menu.
Be prepared to book early to guarantee a table in our quaint oak beamed Restaurant. Please note: bookings are only taken for evening meals.
We prefer to talk, so please call to reserve your table.
Typical dishes on the menu home made Cumberland pate with Port Sauce, or home breaded Somerset Brie in crisp thyme crumb. For Main course tuck into grilled fresh Sea Bass fillet or Plumgarths of Kendal 8oz Cumberland Sausage, or for the real taste of the Lake District the slowly braised minted South Lakes Lamb Henry.
For those with a sweet tooth treats include Britannia Brulee or Home made Sticky Toffee Pudding with hot toffee sauce.
What Our Customers Say
Food opening hours
- Lunch is served from 12-2pm, Soup and Sandwiches 2-4pm and Dinner 5.30-8.30pm.
- Bookings are taken in the Dining Room in the evening only.
- Bookings for the evening are advised,
- Outside Seating and the Bar Area is not bookable.
- Last orders are 10.45pm, time at 11pm. the pub will be closed after 11.30pm.
- WE ONLY TAKE BOOKINGS OVER PHONE, NOT BY EMAIL
See you soon
The Britannia Inn Team